Of course, a snowboard is an essential component of a journey out to the snow to have fun. However, if you only bring a snowboard there you will not really be able to have fun, but you will be having a disaster or an injury. You will also need a snowboard binding for you to safely mount on the board.
Since the snowboard will literally be useless without the binding, it is not surprising that the snowboard binding is also a popular item, as there is an annual sale of $72M. With such a large market, it is not surprising to know that the variety of snowboard binding is also huge, and it may be a difficult task to choose to right one. This is a list of recommendations and a buying guide for snowboard binding.
Best Snowboard Bindings Compared
Burton Custom Snowboard Binding
Burton Freestyle Snowboard Binding
System MTN Men’s Snowboard Bindings
K2 Men’s Sonic Snowboard Binding
LQ 1000 Snowboard Bindings
Lamar Vader Snowboard Bindings
System MTN Men's 2018
Flow Alpha MTN 2018 Snowboard Bindings
Rossignol Women's Myth Snowboard Bindings
System LUX Women's Snowboard Bindings
Best Snowboard Bindings Reviewed
1. Burton Custom Snowboard Binding
This snowboard binding uses a single material for the whole baseplate construction so that the response to user’s command will be quick and consistent. The weight of this men snowboard binding is very small so the users will be comfortable when wearing it.
- The living hinge Hi-Back can help eliminates hardware and weight and provides an adjustable forward lean and hi-back rotation
- The bomb-proof and lightweight materials enables relaxing cruising
- Single-Component Hi-Back Construction means that there will be immediate response
- Difficult to release the ratchet straps. Removing the binding after use may be troublesome
Final Verdict: This is a nice ride binding with numerous features that will allow users to use it comfortably. The lightweight materials mean that any users will feel at ease when they are using it. I am sure that this is one of the best snowboard bindings.
2. Burton Freestyle Snowboard Binding
This men snowboard binding has a zero lean Hi-Back and so users can enjoy zero forward lean. If you want a snowboard binding with consistent response and one that is available to all terrain, then you will need to try this snowboard.
- The Single-Component Baseplate Construction uses only one material and therefore the response will be consistent
- All-terrain domination
- The Re: flex features hugely boost the board flex and feel
- The snowboard binding uses a lightweight material so it is portable
- Some customers reflect that the snowboard binding strap is too tight for size 14
- The shipping is late in some situations
Final Verdict: The shipping problems and the strap problems are only exceptional cases. This snowboard binding
is a very promising one with a lot of different features—and users can control it easily and wear it comfortably.
The price is not that high and it is a true bargain for you.
3. System MTN Men’s Snowboard Bindings
This is another best snowboard binding that you can choose from. The step-in design of this snowboard binding strap means that getting inside and getting outside will be very easy. Apart from the rear entry design, there are other features that will make you delightful.
- The rear entry step in Flow Style Binding
- There is a full EVA padding on the hi-back and a high density dampening on the foot bed
- The material used is very durable
- Some customers reflected that their boots always got stuck and caught in the heal
Final Verdict: This snowboard binding is really one of the best considering the price, which is lower than $100. This binding is easy to control and is durable, meaning that users will have a desirable experience using this snowboard binding for a consistent period of time.
4. K2 Men’s Sonic Snowboard Binding
The K2 Men’s Sonic Snowboard Binding is a nicely-designed red snowboard binding with a regular highback and a tiding style for all mountain freestyle. You can easily use this binding together with your snowboard for an exciting ride in the snow.
- The strap system (Two Strap) makes it easy for users to get in or get out the binding
- Regular Highback
- The snowboard binding is durable
- Only one color is offered
Final Verdict: This is a nice and promising snowboard binding for men. The highback and the strap system is specially designed so that users will not need to worry about the control, safety, as well as comfort when using this snowboard binding. The only color offered is orange, and I am sure that most of us love this sharp
and refreshing color. So, I highly recommend this snowboard binding to you.
5. LQ 1000 Snowboard Binding
This type of snowboard binding is just for all beginners since you can have a stable control to ride on any snowboard due to the design of this snowboard binding. There is also an anatomical highback meaning that you can achieve maximum comfort and control.
- Users will be comfortable when they are wearing this type of snowboard binding
- This snowboard binding is suitable for smaller feet so beginners will be able to use it
- This type of snowboard binding is new to the market so there is uncertainty
Final Verdict: This is a very promising product for all kinds of users. The features like the Top Strap Padded and others ensure that users will be comfortable when wearing this snowboard binding. The price is very reasonable and considering the features and quality of this white snowboard binding, it will be a good bargain for you to purchase this.
6. Lamar Vader Snowboard Bindings
This is a 5-stars green and white snowboard binding with a bunch of excellent features and a reasonable price. The Instep Strap and the Over the toe Strap are all carefully designed to enable users to wear it with ease.
- Ultra Stitched Contoured Instep Strap means the users will be comfortable
- There is an Ultra Over the Tow Stitched Strap
- The price is highly appeling
- There is also Combo Nylon Baseplate with Aluminum Heelcup
- Durability is uncertain and the product is new to the market
Final Verdict: This is a very attractive new snowboard binding in the market that will please you. Together with the right snowboard, you will be able to have a very memorable experience when riding the snowboard. Of course, we should also take into consideration the price of the snowboard binding—it is very affordable
7. System MTN Men’s Snowboard Bindings
The System MTN Men’s 2018 Rear Entry Flow Style Snowboard Bindings is designed with a rear entry and a fully compatible multidisc base plat, which means that you can easily get in the snowboard binding. This is maybe the perfect binding for all kind of users. For example, it is a good kids snowboard binding.
- There is a fully compatible multidisc base plate, meaning that users can easily mount on all boards
- The materials used are very durable
- Full EVA padding on the hi-back
- Some customers said that the snowboard binding is quite difficult to get in
Final Verdict: This is another snowboard binding that is worthy to purchase. It will be easy to use and easy to control with a high flexibility so you can wear this snowboard binding for nearly all terrains. The price is not high but the quality of is high—HIGHLY recommended one here.
8. Flow Alpha MTN 2018 Snowboard Bindings
This is the best snowboard bindings for the new season with a lot of excellent features. If you wish to have a cool snowboard binding that is easy to wear and easy to control, then this will probably be your choice.
- The design of the straps is Exofit PowerSstrap
- There is a super easy rear entry so that users can just sitting down to strap in
- Users will be able to enjoy unparalleled performance and ease of use
- The price is relatively higher for this product
- Some customers reflected that this is not a suitable snowboard binding for advanced users
Final Verdict: The verdict is positive, and I will still recommend this product to you. Although this may not be the perfect choice for an advanced user, it is surely the best snowboard bindings for starters. They will find it easy to get in and to use. I believe that it is still a bargain to pay the price for this snowboard binding.
9. Rossignol Women’s Myth: Snowboard Bindings
The Rossignol is a women snowboard bindings that is designed with bright colors. The baseplate is made from Nylon and glass while the use mainframe for the highback. Users will find this snowboard binding a promising assurance to the riding experience that they will embark on soon.
- Nylon or glass baseplate meaning the snowboard binding will be durable
- The footbed is a Puffy Pad 2-Part—Comfortable for users
- Baselight Buckles
- The price is relatively high compared to other products on this list (over $100)
Final Verdict: Despite the higher price, I am still highly recommending this women snowboard binding. The straps and the highback design will make it not necessary to concern about the control of this snowboard binding. I am sure that this will be a solid addition to an unforgettable ride.
10. System LUX Women’s Rear Entry Flow Style Snowboard Bindings
As the name suggests, this snowboard binding is again for women. It is a nicely-designed white snowboard binding with a warranty of three years. This shows that the manufacturer is quite confident that the product will be of good quality and durability. Let’s see what are the pros and cons of the product.
- A fully compatible multidisc base plate makes it easy for the LUX to mount on all kinds of boards
- The ankle strap is covered in a very durable material
- This item is new to the market and therefore there is uncertainty for this product
Final Verdict: This shows that the manufacturer is quite confident that the product will be of good quality and durability.
Buying Guide: How To Select The Best Snowboard Bindings
So, what should you consider when purchasing a snowboard binding? And what factors should you take into consideration for a snowboard binding? In this buying guide, several factors will be pointed out for your consideration.
One of the key issues that you must take into consideration is the comfort of the snowboard binding. After all, the snowboard binding is the point of contact between you and the snowboard, and whether or not the binding is comfortable can have a huge influence on the experience you are going to have.
Try to purchase one that has the puffy pad or one that has a specially designed Highback. The materials in the interior of the binding may also be relevant. Actually, it would be the best if you can try wearing the binding before really make the purchase so that you can make sure your feet and ankle will not be painful or hurt when you are using the snowboard binding.
From the lists above you will notice that one area to pay special attention is the straps. Basically, it means whether or not you have to get in or get out the snowboard easily. I think it is obvious why this is important. The best snowboard bindings usually have a step in design so that is will be easy for users to get in or get out. This may be something that you will want to pay attention to.
It is also a clever idea to look at whether or not there is a warranty for the snowboard binding. You need to know that warranty is the protection against the durability of the product. Usually, most of the products will have 1 year warranty, while some have 3. If you encounter a product that does not has a warranty, then you will need to stay alert.
Size of your feet
I know this one is quite obvious, but I still need to mention this due to the importance of getting the right size. If the snowboard binding you are using is not the size of your feet, the consequences are out of your control.
For example, if the snowboard binding of you is too small for your feet, then you may get trouble getting in the binding, and in more difficult cases you may get hurt. On the other hand, if the snowboard binding is too large, it may get attached from you (together with your snowboard) during the ride.
As you can see, the size of the snowboard binding must be the right one to ensure comfort and safety. I really highly recommend you to try the binding before buying it. In other cases—make sure you know the size of your feet well.
Look out for the materials of the snowboard binding as it can tell you whether or not the snowboard binding is durable. For example, glass and nylon would be a great choice. This can be a potentially difficult factor to really investigate on since a product that appears that be in good shape on day can just break the other day. There will not have any signs of defects for low durability.
A normal snowboard binding will easily last for 3 to 5 years or even longer if you are not using it extensively. Although the exact usable date will vary, it will definitely be unacceptable if some bindings only last for 1 or 2 years. I will say that you should check out the reviews section of the product to see if there is any issue with the durability. If the product is a new one and there is no any review yet, then check for any warranty.
But of course, it will not count if you are not taking good care of the product—we need to be fair.
Lastly, the price of the snowboard binding will also be relevant. On average, you can purchase a promising one with all the essential features within $100. I guess this will be the budget that you need to prepare. Within that range, I guess you can pay more attention to other points other than this.