Skateboarding can be an exciting and fun activity, especially when you are playing with your friends. Yet, it might not be a cool thing to do if skateboarding leads you right to the jail.
Well, you might break the rules while skateboarding if you are not aware of the laws related to Skateboarding. Especially here in the USA, there are different laws in different states, and therefore, below is a list of skateboarding laws in the USA that you need to know.
Top 15 Skateboarding Laws in USA Infographic
Here are more:
1. Auburn, Alabama: It is illegal to bike, roller-skate, skateboard, or inline skate in a commercially zoned area.
2. Los Angeles, California: It is illegal to skateboard and roller-skate through the courthouse and library.
3. Akron, Ohio: Skateboarding in dark is illegal.
4. Canton, Ohio: Skateboarding in the street is illegal.
5. Miami Beach, Florida: Skateboarding is not allowed at any police station.
6. New Jersey: All motorists must honk before passing another car, bicyclist, skater, and even a skateboarder.
7. Eau Claire, Wisconsin: Skateboards can’t be used on a city street or sidewalk within a business district.
8. NY State: If you are skating in a group, you may not skate more than two abreast.
9. NYC: It is illegal to skate recklessly, this being defined as skating in a fashion such as to threaten the health or possessions of another person.
10. Florida: It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
11. California: Skateboarders under the age of 18 must wear a helmet on any street, bikeway, or other public bicycle paths.
12.California: Prohibits motorized skateboards on streets, sidewalks, “or any other part of a highway or on any bikeway, bicycle path.
13.California: Riders must wear a helmet, kneepads, and elbow pads at designated skate parks.
14. San Francisco City: Prohibits skateboarding on any city street at any time, on any sidewalk in any business district at any time, and on any non-business district sidewalk commencing 30 minutes after sunset and ending 30 minutes before sunrise.
15. San Francisco City: Prohibits skateboarding in or about any public transit station (including an outdoor high-level boarding platform), streetcar, cable car, motor coach, trolley coach or other public transit vehicles are also included, but not limited to, those stations or vehicles operated by the Bay Area Rapid Transit District.
16. San Francisco City: Prohibits skateboarding in Yerba Buena Gardens, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Arboretum, Conservatory Valley, where it is posted as prohibited, and in South Beach Park or Rincon Park.
17. San Francisco City: Requires skateboarders at skating facilities owned or operated by the City and County to wear helmets, kneepads, and elbow pads.
18. Maine: In Biddeford, no person may roller skate on a sidewalk.
19. Ohio: In North Canton, it is against the law to roller skate without first notifying the police.
20. Tennessee: Persons operating scooters, in-line skates or roller skates shall operate such scooters and skates in a single file.
21. Tennessee: No person may skate and listen to a radio at the same time.
22. Virginia: In Victoria, it is illegal to skate down the sidewalk of Main Street.
23. New York: Self-balancing skateboards are illegal.