Skating is an exciting and simple sport—when I say simply. I mean that you can basically skate yourself and all you need is a skateboard. If you want to have a better control and a higher speed, probably you will want to have an electric skateboard, which can have a maximum speed of nearly 30 miles per hours. With the rising popularity of battery powered longboards, you may be confused as to how to select the most suitable one for you. No worries—here is the guide.
Best Electric Longboards Compared
1. SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Electric Longboard
This electric skateboard has a strong battery that allows the board to go at a speed up to 11 MPH and 10 miles in only one single charge. There is also a wireless remote for users to control the speed, braking as well as cruise control of this battery powered skateboard. The wheels are not only durable but also shock-absorbing so that you will have a smooth ride with the board.
- Easy control of speed and braking
- Long battery life so that you can use the skateboard for 10 miles just by one charge
- The board meet all safety requirements, so you do not need to worry about accidents
- The controller’s LCD has a wet mark in the center
- The board is not durable for a lifetime, as reflected by some customers
Final Verdict: I will say that the cons are certainly not fatal to the functionality of this skateboard. As an electric skateboard, it provides a smooth ride and a long battery life —these are already enough for you to sink in enjoyment.
2. MAXFIND Board Dual Motor Wheels Electric Skateboard
An electric longboard should be something like the MAXFIND ones. What is so special about it? It is the lightest electric powered skateboard in the world, which makes it very easy to carry around. At the same time, the special design of the motor enables the skateboard to achieve a speed of 18 MPH and a range of 10 miles per charge.
- The charger met all safety requirements so there is a risk free guarantee for that
- The Dual 500W motor allows the electric skateboard to travel for longer distance
- This electric longboard is safe to ride
- It takes a relatively long time to charge up the skateboard
Final Verdict: I will highly recommend this electric skateboard. You just need to pay a moderate sum of money and you can enjoy a smooth ride with decent speed and weight. Also, this electric longboard is suitable for everyone.
3. Swagtron SwagBoard Voyager Electric Longboard
This RC skateboard is equipped with high-speed thrills, and by high-speed I mean 15 Mph and a range of 15 miles actually. It is also easy for you to change directions due to a wireless remote control. The battery life is also appealing so that you will not need to charge it too frequently between rides.
- The battery is a durable and long-lasting one made from Lithium iron phosphate
- High speed and long range
- The remote control makes it easy for controlling the electric skateboard
- The brakes of the skateboard is not working all of the time
Final Verdict: In general, a very functional and cheap electric skateboard—you only need to pay less than $300. The delivery problems are only an extremely small portion of the cases, and you cannot neglect the durable battery and easy control of the skateboard.
4. Boosted 2nd Generation Dual + Election Skateboard
If you want to enjoy comfort and speed at the same time when you are on a ride, then this motorized longboard will be the one you are looking for. It has a powerful motor as well as long-lasting battery. Also, it is light in weight so you can basically carry it around easily.
- High speed and you can ride with ease
- The electric longboard is powerful to bring you everywhere
- The top speed is 22 mph
- The price is quite expensive
Final Verdict: A carefully designed and well manufactured motorized skateboard is always going to worth a little more money, and it will only mean higher speed and better control. This skateboard is an example of this theory, and I will certainly recommend it to you, especially if you are an expert skater who are looking for a professional skateboard.
5. KooWheel D3M Electric Skateboard
This battery powered longboard will certainly give you the best experience as it is not only fast –up to 22 mph, but also designed lightly so that you can carry it around easily. The materials that are used to make this skateboard are a very durable one, so the skateboard will not break or be damaged so easily.
- The Dual Brushless 350W motor provides high speed for the electric skateboard
- The electric longboard is only 16 pounds
- The remote control allows you to speed up or slow down easily
- Some customers reflected that the wheel of the skateboard fell off unexpectedly
- It is sometimes difficult to charge up the skateboard
Final Verdict: I will proudly recommend this electric skateboard since I believe that you will have a delightful skating experience with the ease of control as well as high speed provided by it.
6. NUFF Electric Longboard Skateboard
From the design of the electric longboard, we can well conclude that this is for kids to ride on. It has a 2000W motor power, which is actually pretty high, meaning that the speed of the longboard will be a decent one. It can achieve 24 miles per hour at its maximum speed.
- 24 MPH as its maximum speed high motor power at 2000W
- There is a wireless handheld remote control
- This type of electric skateboard still relatively needs to the market so not a lot of reviews are available
Final Verdict: If you have a kid who loves skating a lot, this is one of the best electric skateboards for him. It strikes the best balance between high speed as well as ease on control, and it suitable for even starters who are not experienced in skating.
7. Atom Longboards Atom Electric H.6 Longboard
This electric powered skateboard is equipped with a hub motor which is hidden inside the wheel. The implication of it is that the board will both feel and looks like just another regular longboard but with power. How cool would it be? The battery are based from Lithium and the manufacturer guarantees that they are 100% safe.
- Regenerative braking that helps you to save more energy consumption
- The batteries are safe and they are at the peak charge and discharge rate
- There is a USB charging port for your electric skateboard
- The motor is hidden inside the wheel
- The wheel with the motor inside it will sometimes fell off
Final Verdict: I will in general recommend this electric skateboard to all of you. The special feature of this board is that the motor is hidden inside the wheel and this makes the longboard just looks like a regular board.
8. Motorized Electric Skateboard
This battery powered skateboard weight only 11.5 lbs so you will find it easy to carry around. It has a remote control to handle the accelerator as well as the brake so you do not need to worry about it. What about speed? It can reach 15.5 mph and you can charge up this skateboard in only 2 hours.
- Very portable due to the low weight
- If you do not use it for more than 10 minutes, the electric skateboard will power off
- A remote control is available for the brakes and acceleration
- You can charge up the skateboard in 2 hours
- Some customers reflected that the wire was burned up inside the battery pack
Final Verdict: It is one of the best electric longboards. It has high speed as well as easy control. Also, you will be able to charge up the battery in a short period of time. A bonus is that it is very cheap considering the features it has.
Buying Guide | How to Buy The Best Electric Longboard
Of course, the above list is only the starting point for you to choose the best electric longboard for yourself. However, you may feel that 8 for you to choose from is already too much. I understand that, and therefore, here is a buying guide that lists all of the factors that you will need to consider when you are finding a suitable electric powered skateboard.
Speed is usually one of the prime factors that you will worry about for an electric longboard. While it may not be necessary to achieve a sky-high speed unless you are an expert in skating, it would still be better if the speed is fast enough to give you an enjoyable and exciting ride.
Usually, there can be a certain type of electric skateboards that have a maximum speed of over 20 miles per hour, but I will say that one with 15 miles per hour is fine enough for you to have an exciting ride. You may want to look at the motor power rating of the electric skateboard since it is the most important factor in determining the speed of the skateboard, and usually, the higher the figure, the faster will be your skateboard.
Another essential factor that you will need to bear in mind is whether or not you can control the electric skateboard well. What I am saying here include whether or not you can command the skateboard to stop or to speed up easily. If you are an advanced player, then perhaps you will think that you can control the board easily but that is only because of your skills.
For starters, usually, you will need to rely on a remote control. Therefore, you should pay attention to whether or not the remote control is actually easy to use. The size of the buttons, as well as the size of the remote control, will be relevant. Of course, the respond of the skateboard to your command is also important. After all, it would not be a good thing for you if the electric skateboard stops 10 seconds after you ask it to stop.
A special component to pay attention is the batteries since after all, what we are talking about is battery powered skateboards. There are two issues to pay attention to regarding the batteries—the safety of it as well as the battery life.
For safety, I will say that it is quite obvious. You will need to remember that safety should always be the number one priority in selecting the electric skateboards, and you must make sure that there are no issues relating to the safety of batteries when you are purchasing it, although I must say that usually most of the batteries are guaranteed to be 100% safe by the manufacturer since this is just a very basic need.
For the battery life, it determines the range of the skateboard after you have charged it once. Usually, most of the skateboards will have a range of at least 10 miles before it runs out of battery. A longer battery means that you can enjoy the electric skateboard for a longer period of time.
Another aspect related to the batteries is about charging. If a battery-powered skateboard needs a day to be charged up, it would certainly not be the best right? Therefore, it is essential for you to look at the charging time. Some electric skateboards can be charged up only in 2 or 3 hours, and I will say that a good one should not take more than 5 hours to be charged up totally.
Another issue to worry about is the durability of the electric longboard. This is particularly important if you are planning to ride on it regularly. Of course, we need to be fair, and all the discussion here is only under the assumption that you are keeping the skateboard well, and therefore there is no premature death of the skateboard.
Usually, such a skateboard would be able to last for around 2-3 years, or perhaps longer. You may need to read the reviews of the products to see whether or not there are problems regarding the durability of the product.