Skating is one of the most common and popular sports for the young generation. There may be only a few children who haven’t got a skateboard as a birthday present yet. However, like most other thrilling sports skateboarding also comes with some danger and it’s a must for every skater to get himself a helmet to secure himself from the dangers of a skateboarding fail. People, both the marketers and the skaters get conscious about using skateboard helmets while riding a skateboard. Marketers are introducing more and various skateboard helmets with new designs and better features.
Nowadays you have the option to choose the best skateboard helmet of your own among so many options in the present market and each comes with some new and advanced features for specific customers. You can simply mark your list of requirements and find the perfect skateboard helmet that suits your requirements. Though it is very hard for the beginners to find out which features you should go and search for at first, you will find it out throughout your skating experience.
However, you don’t have to worry about that at all as you can find it a little bit easier to choose the one best one with our cool skateboard helmet reviews and buying guide.
10 Best Skateboarding Helmets Reviews
1. SC Kids And Adults Skateboard Helmet
The first product in our list is SC kids and adults skateboard helmets. This is a product of the famous Skull Cap brand. Both adult and young skaters like these helmets very much because of their unique features. The product description is given below.
- SC kids and adults skateboard helmets are a half shell helmet with EPS as inner material that makes these helmets really very durable.
- The half shell design protects you from the head injuries that occur in the lower head area.
- This cool skateboard helmet meets the German quality standards.
- The durable hardshell of this skateboard helmet is made out of high quality polycarbonate.
- You will get proper ventilation with this helmet.
- Just like the name of the brand Skull cap, the helmet is going to fit you perfectly. You will feel it like a second skin on your head.
- The outlook of this skateboard helmet is ravishing. You can choose among various colours and designs.
- This helmet can be used for a long time.
- It will help you to get sufficient air and you are not going to have a sweaty skull.
- Each and every helmet has a beautiful print that will meet your personality.
- It is a unisex product. From kids to adults everybody can wear this helmet.
- This cool skateboard has no cons at all.
The SC skateboard helmet is a great looking fashionable helmet providing a strong protection against hitting. Being a better skater you must ensure a maximum safety for your riding and this skateboard will definitely ensure that while you are on a ride. The quality construction and ventilation make it worth your bucks. Every member of your family can use this helmet happily.
2. Punisher Pro Series Kids Skateboard Helmet
The Punisher Skateboards is a name most of the skates out there would be familiar with. Punisher Pro Series Skateboard helmet such one accessories that you would be wanting to experience being a skater. For all the skilled skaters and the beginners as well one thing is to remember that safety comes first. You cannot but secure your riding first. Punisher Pro Series Skateboard Helmet thus provides all levels of skaters with strong protection against strong hits. The product detail is given below.
- Punisher pro series is a dual safety certified skateboard.
- The construction of this helmet is perfect for ventilation. It has 13 vent designs that keep your head cool while skating.
- The chin straps are made out of heavy duty nylon. And there is some embroidery on the straps as well.
- It has an inner lining of EPS to absorb the sweat.
- 3 heat skilled pads allow us to fit this helmet inb S/M/L size.
- You can choose between two beautiful colours – neon and pink.
- It has a very smart outlook.
- You will feel comfortable wearing it.
- There is a possibility that it may be a little larger for the kids.
- The foam padding doesn’t attach well to the outer shell.
- A little higher price than the quality
- This skateboard helmet is only for younger boys and younger girls.
Punisher is one of the famous brands for the skaters and it has been upholding its reputation for their quality products and great customer satisfaction. Though many are there who cannot be satisfied with the fitting of this helmet especially for kids except this, it is a great skate helmet that you could ever find.
3. Razor V-17 Kids Skateboard Helmet
Sometimes it gets a little hard to find the best match of skateboarding helmet for the skaters. You need to understand that not all people have the same shaped heads. So, it’s important to figure out which shape of head you have and choose a helmet according to that. This Razor V-17 Kids Skateboard Helmet is one of those helmets which are specialized for people and you find it the best if you have an oval-shaped head and it will bring a smile on the faces of the bikers as well. The features of this cool skateboard helmet is given below.
- This helmet comes with generous padding that ensures your comfort.
- It has adjustable straps and a secure buckle to ensure your safety while skating.
- There are a total 17 side and top vents that keep your head complete cool.
- Razor V-17 helmet is one of the best skating helmets for kids and teen agers.
- The outlook of these helmets are way too cool.
- You can choose between four exciting colours.
- The price of this helmet is unbelievably cheap.
- This skating helmet does not compromise with comfort or safety.
- Razor V-17 helmet is for kids and teen agers only. This is not for adult skaters.
Razor V-17 skating is a very cool and exciting skating helmet for your kids. This helmet is way more comfortable and safe than other helmets. If you are thinking of giving something to your kids for their birthday or on the occasion of Christmas then this sating helmet is a rocking choice.
4. Triple Eight Certified Helmet
Triple eight skating helmet is a very famous and comforting skateboard helmet. Skaters praise highly about this helmet. It is featured with many outstanding features. Product description is given below.
- This helmet is a dual certified skateboarding helmet.
- It is featured with ABS shell design.
- The helmet has a liner of EPS foam which is highly absorbing. So you will get a sweat free head while skating.
- You can ride a bike or skate with this helmet.
- Triple Eight skating helmets are available in many sizes.
- This helmet comes in six exciting colours.
- The price of this skating helmet is very budget friendly.
- It is a dual certified helmet.
- You are going to love the elegant look of this helmet.
- There is not much printing on the helmet.
This professional quality constructed Triple Eight helmets for skateboarding and other action sports has been serving for so many years by listening to skaters from all over the world and using the latest technology available in the current market.
5. Thousand Adult Skating Helmet
Do skating helmets and style go together? Maybe your answer is no. but now we are going to discuss such a unique skating helmet which is going to make you a style icon while skating. Thousand adult skating helmets are such elegant and stylish helmets that you will love to wear. The features of this helmet is given below.
- Thousand adult skateboard helmet is a very stylish and unique designed helmet for stylish skaters.
- It is featured with a dial fit system that ensures you a perfect fitting of the helmet on your head.
- You can easily lock this helmet with your bike or cycle. Because it has a hidden channel behind the logo mark.
- Both male and female skaters or bikers can wear this beautiful helmet.
- You can choose between 7 elegant colours which are very rare in skating helmets.
- This is a very comforting skating helmet.
- The outlook of this helmet is extraordinary.
- You are going to love the colours.
- It is a unisex product.
- The price of this extraordinary helmet is way too high.
If you are a fashionista and always love to give your look an upgrade then this skating helmet is for you. With the brand new Thousand Adult skating helmet you will look stylish and dashing. And at the same time you will not be worried about your safety while skating or riding a bike.
6. JBS Kids Skating Helmet
If you are thinking about a helmet which is quite durable and dashing then JBS kids skating helmet is a good choice for you. This helmet is featured with the features that are mentioned below.
- This is a helmet for multi sporting activities.
- It is very strong and durable.
- The main material of this helmet is PVC .
- There is an inner lining of EPS foam that ensures strong absorbing power.
- The aerodynamic design and multiple vents make this helmet very much breathable. Your kid will feel comfortable with this helmet while skating.
- JBS skating helmets are available in many sizes and colours.
- It is a unisex product.
- This product is way too cheap. Fits your budget perfectly.
- Both girls and boys can wear this helmet.
- This skating helmet is very light in weight.
- You can choose between seven bright colours.
- This helmet is only for kids.
- There is no fun printing on this helmet.
This is a very cheap skating helmet for your lovely kids. In Fact they can wear it for other sports also. JBS kids skating helmets are a very ideal choice for your kids. Surprise your kids with this helmet on their birthday or on Christmas day.
7. Flybar Skating Helmet
Flybar Skating helmet is a very stylish and dashing skating helmet. This product is not only famous for its outlook but also famous for its features. The product details are given below.
- It is a dual certified skating helmet. So do not worry about your safety.
- This helmet is made out of a high quality ABS shell.
- The EPS foam lining makes this helmet super absorbent.
- There are 12 stylish vents on this helmet that makes it really breathable.
- The adjustable spin dial on the back of the helmet ensures perfect fitting.
- You can choose between 9 different colours and design.
- This skating helmet is available in 3 different sizes.
- The cost of this helmet is unbelievably low.
- It is a unisex helmet.
- Both adults and children can put on this helmet.
- Sorry, we have found no con with this product.
If you are looking for a budget friendly skateboard helmet for your family then this Flybar helmet is for you. This helmet can be used by any member of your family. And also this helmet is a very cool stuff to wear because of its dashing and stylish look.
8. Retroscope Skating Helmet
Retroscope skating helmet is famous for its classic design and features. Skaters like this helmet for many reasons. The product details are given below.
- The helmet is designed in a classical way.
- It has 8 vents on the helmet to keep your head cool.
- This is a ABS helmet with EPS foam lining.
- It comes with 2 sets of interchangeable pads.
- You can choose between 10 vibrant colors.
- This is a very comfortable and breathable helmet.
- It is a unisex product.
- You won’t find it much heavier like other helmets.
- Price of this helmet is not so high.
- This helmet is only for adults.
If you are looking for a comfortable and durable classy helmet for skating on a friendly budget then this helmet is just too perfect for you. Try this Retroscope skating helmet for a better experience with skating helmet.
9. KAMUGO Kids Certified Skateboard Helmet
KAMUGO kids skating helmet is quite famous among the kid skaters. It is featured with many features. All the features of this helmet is discussed below.
- It is a CPSC certified skating helmet.
- This helmet is built in such a way that is going to last for a long time.
- It comes with the shock absorbing EPS lining in the helmet.
- KAMUGO kids skating helmet offers you to choose between 9 happy and vibrant colours.
- It is a unisex product.
- Price of this helmet is absolutely budget friendly.
- This product is suitable for kids only.
If you are looking for a perfect gift on a cheap budget for your kids then this skating helmet is worth a try. KAMUGO skating helmet is a very good option for your speed.
10. Apusale Certified Skateboard Helmet
Our last but not the least product in this list is the “Apusale skating helmet”. This helmet is quite famous for its performance. The features of this ravishing skating helmet is given below.
- This helmet is featured with the CPSC standard for skateboard helmets.
- It has 12 vents for airflow that makes this helmet really breathable.
- The ABS shell and EPS lining makes this helmet strong and comfortable.
- It can provide professional protection for skating, biking, cycling and other sports.
- This helmet is available in 3 different sizes and 8 vibrant colours.
- The price of this helmet is not so high.
- This is a unisex product.
- Skaters of any age more than 3 years can use this helmet.
- You may find the design a little bit boring because there is no fun printing on this helmet.
An Apusale skating helmet is a very good choice for any skater. If you are searching for a regular skating helmet at a modest price then this product is quite choicable for you.
Buying guide for Best Skateboarding Helmets
Many companies out there offer a large selection of skateboard pads and protective gear. Protective gear includes skateboard helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, wrist guards and skateboard gloves. Deciding which size you need can be a bit tricky, so let us help you to sort that out! We’ll walk you through every trick and tip that you need to know to select the best skateboard helmet.
Skateboard Helmet Sizing
Men have an average head size which is 7 3/8″ (using the US sizing), 7 1/8″ (using the UK sizing) or 58 cm (using European sizing). The average women’s head size is 7 1/4″ (US sizing).
Properly Measuring Your Head for a Helmet
What size of skateboard helmet you should buy depends on the size of your head. It’s important to learn that each brand’s skateboard helmet sizes will vary from one another; therefore, it would be best to measure your head and then refer to the sizing chart of each brand of skateboarding helmet.
Skater Helmets Fitting Guide
The most important thing to be aware of while skating is your protective gear. For protecting your head from injury, you must always wear a properly fitted skateboarding helmet. You may not find it cool to wear a helmet and pads, but nowadays brands are getting conscious of your style and safety at the same time. Depending on the brands of skating helmets you choose, a properly fitting skateboard helmet should:
- Sit low on your forehead
- Have protective padding
- Not shift or move while skateboarding
- Skateboarding Helmet Pads
Skateboard helmets have softer foam liners or pads providing you with the comfort and ultimate protection that you need to absorb collisions and falls that may occur while skateboarding.
Remember that Skateboard helmets will not last forever. You must replace your helmet when it becomes smaller or damaged from wearing and tearing.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Skateboarding Helmets
Does wearing a helmet cause hair fall?
No, wearing a helmet does not cause hair fall. Hairfall depends on the genetic and physiological properties of a person. It is also related to food and shower water. So you can wear a skating helmet without any hesitation. Always try to wear a branded one. And choose a helmet according to the size of your skull.
Can I use a bike helmet for skateboarding?
Basically bike helmets are way too heavy and harder to wear than the skating helmets.[f] Bike helmets do not have vents also. Skating helmets are made with every requirement that a skater needs. So do use a skateboard helmet for skating.
Are all helmets the same?
No, all the helmets are not the same. For example, bike helmets are very tough and strong. It has no air vents for airflow. On the other hand, skating helmets are quite light in weight but very durable. Also they have many vents on them for enough airflow.
Which type of helmet is safe?
For skating use a helmet with ABS skull and EPS lining. ABS skull helmets are properly shaped for our head and they are strong as well. On the other hand EPS foam lining makes your skating helmet breathable and keeps your head and hair dry. Also this type of helmet will ensure your safety while skating on the road.
Is it illegal to ride a skateboard without a helmet?
Yes, there are rules for wearing helmets while skating on the road. Because a helmet assures your safety while skating. So always put on a helmet whenever you are going to take a ride on your skateboard.
Can you use a snowboard helmet for skateboarding?
Yes, you can use a snowboard helmet for skateboarding. But for your safety, we suggest you wear a skateboard helmet while skating. Use a helmet that is featured with an ABS skull helmet that comes with a lining of EPS foam inside for skating. Because it keeps your head safe.
Can a skateboard helmet be used for snowboarding?
You can not use every skating helmet for snowboarding. Only multi sports helmets can be used for that. Because it is related to your safety. So try to use a multi sports helmet for snowboarding.
Should you wear a helmet when skateboarding?
Although skating is a very fun and exciting sport, it is very important to be safe while skating. Because you can have an accident at any moment while skating. So do not compromise with your safety. Always wear a certified helmet to ensure your safety while skating.
Skateboard helmets are very important for your safety. It provides you protection and absorb shocks while skating. It keeps your skull safe and sound. So always use a skateboard helmet for your safety. In this article we have tried to introduce the best skateboard helmets of the market. And also we have discussed much about helmets. Still if you have any further questions or if you have any advice for us then please leave a comment in the comment box. We will get back to you as soon as possible.